Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Happy 3 - 0 to ME!!

I had an absolutely fantastical 30th birthday. I was able to celebrate the day just the way I wanted, with my family. The morning of my birthday we met up with Mom and Dad, my Grandparents, and one of my uncles at Cracker Barrel, yummmm. Mom and Dad surprised me with a gift card from Dick's. I couldn't imagine what they had intended for me to buy, but Mom quickly squashed my hopes of buying Cooper the cutest North Face jacket on the planet with the announcement that they wanted me to buy a bike. Just a little background, recently, several people in my family have bought bicycles. My thoughtful Mom, thought I might like to join in on the family fun this summer so they bought the gift card to help fund the purchase of my bicycle. I was SOOOO very excited. After breakfast, I drug Mom and Dad to Dick's to help me decide on a bike. Several hours and the kids napping later, Dad and I returned to pick up the PERFECT bike. Well, by this time it was late in the day and everyone wanted to just "wait until tomorrow" to go for a ride. I was not having it, I was a kid with a new toy and I wanted to ride my bike "now." So, my wonderful parents humored me, ran home got their bikes and met us for a fun ride on the Green Belt. We worked up an appetite on our riding journey, so we walked over to Salsarita's for dinner. When we walked in we ran into Cooper and Brylee's friends from school, Carson and Caylee. The kids were thrilled to see each other, and the girls were so sweet they greeted each other with lots and lots of hugs. Huge thanks to my wonderful family for a fun filled birthday!!

Brylee loved the ride

Bryan, Coop and Brylee enjoying the day!

Cooper spotted a squirrel and wanted me to take a picture of it. We spend the rest of the ride on a "squirrel hunt."

Brylee giving some love to her friend, Caylee

1 comments:

Tina said...

Glad to hear you had a great birthday! Love the picture of the girls. I hope they are friends for a long time!