Thursday, December 11, 2008

The fever finally broke

This is how Coop spent most of his week: miserable, with a temperature and cranky! Poor thing, every time we thought we were about to kick the pesky fever it would creep back up and we were back to square one BUT a cancelled birthday party later we think we are FINALLY on the mend.



My little trooper. His fever finally broke last night but it sure has been a long week for everyone. I am so blessed to have an amazing family here in town, with Bryan being out of town all week I don't know what I would have done with out them.
Luckily, Aunt Lee came to our rescue on Monday and postponed her trip to Atlanta to hang out with Cooper while I went to work. I had so much going on at work on Monday that I just couldn't put it all on a sub so honestly, Aunt Lee, really did save us. Cooper's fever was still pretty high and felt yucky but Lee's lovin and squeezin made it almost all better.
I did get a sub on Tuesday and was able to spend the day with him. He was STILL running a fever and grouchy grouchy but we made it through the day. I hate that he was sick but I really enjoyed spending some one on one time with him and thoroughly enjoyed our snuggle time on the couch. While Coop was watching Mickey Mouse I tryed to get some cleaning done, well, my little helper decided he needed to vacuum too.

He just HAD to wear his Alligator shoes. He kept saying his feet were cold and ONLY the alligator shoes would do. Every Mom knows you do NOT argue with a sick almost three year old. Whatever he wanted was his :) By Tuesday night we were hoping the fever would be gone but no such luck so it was high ho high ho off to Gaggy's we go.

Mom came to my rescue on Wednesday and got a sub for her classroom. She and Coop stayed in and enjoyed their day watching Alvin and the Chipmunks. I called the pediatricians office to see if I should bring him back in or if it was normal for his temperature to still be this high on day 4 of antibiotics. They scheduled him an appointment for Thurs. moring. Luckily we didn't have to take him to that appointment because the pesky old fever was none to thrilled to see Coop's Daddy because when Bryan got home last night Coop's fever was gone within a couple of hours.

Bryan kept him home today just to give him some extra rest time. We took him out for the Reynold's benefit dinner and he lasted a whole hour before he was exhausted and begging to come home. We are going to try school tomorrow but I have a feeling that Mommy or Daddy will be getting a phone call to come get their little grouch.

Thanks to everyone for all the help and prayers this week!

0 comments: