Sunday, December 7, 2008

Poor Little Man

My little man is sick. I needed to work on my classroom friday after school and of course, my wonderful hubby volunteered (ha ha) to help me so Mom and Dad were super excited to take the kids out to dinner and let them spend the night. Well, while Bryan and I are still at work rearranging my room for the 900th time Mom called and said Cooper's eyes were itchy and watery. We all thought it was allergies so they gave him some Benedryl and they were off to bed. Unfortunately he woke Mom up at 4:45am coughing, coughing and more coughing. We went to get them on Saturday morning and Cooper was feeling much better. Since Coop was feeling better we went on with our plans to have Christmas pictures made that evening. The pictures went fantastic, Cooper was by no means 100% himself, but Denise was wonderful and the kids loved her. I am super excited about seeing the photos she took. Sorry, I digress, on with the story. Last night Cooper woke me up about 11:30 to go potty. I was helping him get his pants down and he was on FIRE! I admit, I panicked a little, I woke Bryan up to find the thermometer and took him temp 104. I wanted to immediately take him to the ER but my calm hubby told me to give the Motrin a few minutes to start working. It finally kicked in and his temp started coming down, not enough for me to put him back in his bed, but it did come down to 102. He slept with me (he slept I was awake worrying). We woke up this morning and his fever was still at 102 so I thought we were over the worst. I was wrong, around 9:30 it shot back up to 104 AND off to the after hours clinic goes Cooper :) Diagnosis: Walking pneumonia and out of school until Wednesday. Poor guy, while the Motrin is working he is fine but as soon as his temp starts rising his cheeks get flushed and he is miserable. Now I know there is never a perfect time for a little one to get sick but right now is sooooo far from the right time. Bryan is leaving in the morning to go out of town till who knows when. Cooper's birthday is on Saturday and I haven't done the first thing for his monster truck party. Oh Yea, and remember the fact that I just rearranged my whole room at school until 8 o'clock on friday night (Bryan really enjoyed that date night). Well, I have not made seating charts yet and I have an inservice on Monday that I really really need to go to. I have to cook 2 dishes to take into work. Does anyone know a sub I can get to cover all that for me tomorrow??? Luckily Aunt Lee is coming to our rescue tomorrow and keeping Cooper. He is thrilled that he gets to play hookey from school and hang out with Aunt Lee :)

2 comments:

Tina said...

Bless your heart. Been there, done that, got the T-shirt. I hated trying to work and have sick kids. Can I do anything?

The Osborne Family said...

Oh my! I totally feel your worry! Karson has RSV. She too was on fire on Friday night, and Sat, and Sun --but only at night--go figure. I refused to take her to the ER and pay a million bucks just to have a Dr, who knows nothing about kids, pop his head in and say it is a cold (meanwhile picking up the black plague while we wait). I hope he feels better soon. I can't imagine the stress of teaching when kids are sick! I really hope the rest of you stay healthy!