Friday, June 12, 2009

Conversations with Cooper

On our way to the pediatrician's office today to get Coop's stitches out!

Cooper: "Mommy, where's Sissy?"
Me: "She is with Daddy eating breakfast."
Cooper: "Mommy, I miss her. I want her with me."
Me: "You've got to visit the doctor, so he can check out your noggin."
Cooper: "But Momma, I need her with me. She is my best friend."

My heart instantly melted. I know in the future I will show him this post and he will deny EVER saying this about his annoying little sister, but for now I will enjoy the fact that they LOVE being together ALL the time.

GOOD NEWS:
The stitches are out and Dr. L said the ER dr. did an amazing job with the stitches. He said they were extremely neat and hopefully will not scar badly. We will have to wait a full year to evaluate the scar and see if there will be need for plastic surgery. Apparently, after an accident a plastic surgeon will not even evaluate a young patient until after the scar has had one full year to heal. Dr. L said that in his opinion with Cooper's age, young skin, and the clean cut that there will not be a need for plastic surgery. Please pray that he is right and Coop will not have to have surgery!

1 comments:

Traci said...

how sweet! love those little conversations!

my kids are the best of friends even though they can fight like cats and dogs!