Saturday, May 1, 2010

A day in the country

We took the kids to Hiltons, VA. Bryan's dad, "Big Daddy," was born and raised in Hiltons, and Bryan wanted to take the kids to see where their "Crazy Papaw" was born and sadly has also been buried. It was the first time we had taken the kids, and I was really nervous about it. I didn't know how I was going to answer all of the questions a 2 year old and a 4 year old were going to ask. Cooper and I did have some serious question while riding in the back of the truck. Yes, we had a good ol' time riding in the back of the truck (on the farm). Bryan's dad passed away before Cooper was born and I'm so sad that he did not get to meet our chilren, but I know that they have one loving Guardian Angel in Heaven watching out for them.


The kids had a wonderful time playing in the creek and watching the frogs. Cooper got his first lesson in skipping rocks, and Brylee secured the fact that she is a girly-girl and wanted no part in the frogs or dirt. We had not intended to spend so much of the day here, but the kids loved loved loved the country. They ran wild, screamed loud, and played hard. can you say......Drama Queen

I love these moments between them...Cooper is such a protective big brother and always wants to make sure Sissy is doing the safe thing.

Little Miss Priss
squeeled and giggled at the baby frogs


The back of Big Daddy's tombstone

Brylee wanted to give her Crazy Papaw hugs......

and kisses




Cooper had a little private chat with "Crazy Papaw" I walked over with him and he just said, "It's OK mom. I just want to talk to him for a second."







Learning to skip rocks...I'm hoping he will learn and then teach his Momma.


1 comments:

Rachel said...

Oh Les! This warms my heart. What a lovely visit! Looks to me that your kids handled it just fine! I LOVE the pics too!