Saturday, September 4, 2010

Cooper's "Rescue Ranger"

Several months ago Cooper told me that he wanted a big dog. I talked to him about all of the dogs that didn't have homes and how people sometimes don't take care of their pets. I was super excited that he quickly jumped on board when I suggested that we find a dog from a rescue group or from the pound. He kept telling everyone that he was getting a Rescue Ranger dog :) We started working with the Wolf Creek Weimaraner Rescue based in Kingsport. They are an amazing group of volunteers. I can honestly say I am hooked and can't wait to help out with their rescue program. It took months to find the perfect fit for our family, but Miss Lila was definitely worth the wait. She is so sweet and loving. The kids adore her and she loves all the attention and belly rubs she has been getting around here! It doesn't hurt that she was already house trained, crate trained, and temperament tested.

Cooper and his new BFF
Miss Lila
I went to check on him the other night before I went to bed and this is what I found, so sweet!!

I can't have a post without little miss Diva


0 comments: