Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Conversations with Cooper

Cooper is such an amazing big brother. When I found out that I was pregnant with Brylee one of my biggest fears was that Cooper would be jealous of her, luckily it is the exact opposite he always worries about his sister first. The first thing he wants to do in the morning is go in her room and say "good morning." We have finally mastered him whispering this to her because she is usually still asleep. We have also tried in the past to spend some one on one time with each child but Cooper always wants his sissy to go with him, I'm sure it will change in the future but for now he wants her around ALL THE TIME. I am so blessed to have the most loving child in the world. He even wanted her to sleep with him tonight. I tucked Coop into bed tonight and when I covered him up this is the conversation we had:

Cooper: "Mommy can sissy sleep with me?"
Mommy: "Nope Cooper sissy has to sleep in her bed"
Cooper: "Why?" (the famous 2 year old question)
Mommy: "Because it is not safe for sissy to sleep in your bed she may roll out. She needs to sleep in her bed it is safer"
Cooper: "Mommy please let her sleep with me I promise I will hold her tight all night. I really promise."
Mommy: "Sissy can sleep with you when she gets older and its safe to sleep in your bed."

Of course, these last words spoken by me were spoken with tears in my eyes. This was again one of those conversations where I was reminded that the day I had him was the day my heart began to walk around outside my body.

1 comments:

Tina said...

You will be so glad you are documenting things he says. So sweet! Like you, I had the same worries with Carson's adjustment with Caylee.