Monday, September 8, 2008

Weekend Fun in Murphy, NC



We just returned from a fantastically fun weekend in Murphy, NC. Bryan's brother Chris, his wife Penny and their daughter Jordyn moved to Murphy a couple of years ago and we LOVE to visit. It is absolutely beautiful and the kids really enjoy spending time with Chris, Penny, and Jordyn. Unfortunately, I learned soon after our arrival that my batteries were dead on the camera and of course I didn't take the charger so I only have a couple of pictures that Chris took with his phone. On Saturday we got a real treat and went to visit Dreamer, Jordyn's horse. Cooper was a little apprehensive at first but with a little encouragement from Jordyn finally decided he would give it a try. He climbed on with Jordyn and Miss Anne led Dreamer around the ring and Cooper loved it. Brylee didn't get to ride him but she did atleast sit on him for a cute little photo op. We spent the afternoon at an apple orchard and both the kids had lots of fun tasting all the different types of apples that they cut right there for you. YUMMY! We came back with lots of different types of apples and I am going to try my hand at making some home made apple butter, I'll let you know how it turns out. On Sunday Chris and Bryan took Cooper
and Jordyn to the lake for a little canoeing and fishing. Cooper came back on top of the world screaming at the top of his lungs that he had caught a fish. He was so excited and told me every time he cast he caught a fish. While listening to his stories I began to plan the rest of my life living comfortably while my fishing prodigy son supported my retirement. This day dream came to a screeching hault when Bryan told me he had put a tiny minnow on the end of Cooper's line to use as bait. Oh well, atleast Cooper thinks he is a skilled fisherman :)

0 comments: