Monday, January 19, 2009

Family Traditions

Christmas is full of great memories and family traditions for me. I am so blessed to have a husband that enjoys spending time with my family and shares in my love of traditions. For the past 29 years I have woke up on Christmas morning at my Mom and Dad's house to open presents. Even after Bryan and I were married we still continued to stay with Mom and Dad on Christmas Eve night. When the kids came along we discussed staying at our house for Christmas morning. Well, the discussion was very brief. We just couldn't imagin being anywhere other than Mom and Dads. We enjoy our traditional Christmas morning cinammon rolls, sausage balls and hot chocolate. Dana and Abby also stay at Mom and Dad's so it is one big happy family Christmas!

The kids were thrilled with all of their new toys and as they continued to open I couldn't help but think we were going to have to get a bigger house just to house all the new Christmas toys.

Another family tradition is that after we open our gifts under the tree my Mom writes clues for us to find our final gift. Cooper and Brylee got to join in the scavenger hunt fun this year and they were so excited to find new rainboots.
Monster truck boots for Coop, of course


girly poka dots for Brylee
Coop and Gaggy, he LOVES LOVES his new basketball goal
Brylee got her very own chair
Cooper picked out Aunt Abby's jammies for her so he had to help her open them
Coop and his tennis gear from D and Abby
Poppy giving guitar lessons
Gettin some Christmas LOVE!!


















0 comments: